Since the turn of the century, the e-Learning industry has witnessed a 900 percent growth, all thanks to the growing demand for learning and upskilling without boundaries often set in traditional education and training modes.
Corporate LMS can do magic towards strengthening the productivity of employees in an organisation of any size. To learn more about Corporate LMS and how you can find the best learning management systems for your business, read on…
What are Corporate Learning Management Systems?
In today’s technology-driven and development hungry world, most organisations require an automated enterprise LMS software to train employees effectively and conveniently. Corporate LMS software helps you to deliver hassle-free partner and customer training along with online employee training. It provides access to online materials and courses for this purpose.
Corporate LMS is used in two main requirements in an organisation; internal and external. Internal refers to employee training and development, while external includes customer training.
Courses that are designed for customer training can be sold as a stand-alone product or as an additional training resource to a company’s software product. An example would be professional training providers for Oracle or SAP, which offers online training courses for these complex software.
Other corporate learning management systems are purely designed for the distribution of courses, learner management, compliance training, reporting etc.
The following are a list of standard tools and capabilities of a corporate LMS:
- Content authoring tools
- Learning pathway tools
- Content library
- Reports and analytics
- Content creation, curation and distribution of subject resource materials
- Scheduling features for webinars and offline training
What’s the difference between corporate LMS and Academic Learning Management Systems?
Interestingly, both types of learning management systems share some common features, but the difference lies in how and why it is used.
- Academic LMS focuses on organising and managing online learning and is used by administrators, tutors and learners. In contrast, corporate LMS help in managing and delivering online training for employees, customers, and partners. They can also be called training management systems.
- Academic LMS helps deliver courses in a particular subject area which can be a vital addition to an individual’s CV or can simply be taken up due to a peculiar interest in that field or passion. Corporate LMS helps in employee onboarding, compliance training, managing and reporting, scheduling office meetings and webinars, performance reviews, etc., that are intended to help workers develop specific job skills and/or competencies.
- Academic LMS will have a heavier emphasis on grading learners than corporate LMS.
- Corporate LMS will include features that can be accessed and be put to use in different parts or locations of the organisational hierarchy. It will include the option for employees to opt for additional training that can be accessed when and how they want in order to learn more independently.
Some vendors offer learning management systems that can be used for both, academic and corporate learning.
The best corporate learning management systems can contribute to a plethora of benefits to your organisation. And thus, choosing the right LMS for corporate training is an important decision indeed!
Here is a checklist of corporate LMS features and capabilities you should consider while choosing your employee training platform:
Standard Corporate LMS Features & Capabilities:
- Content creation
- Pre-formatted content customisation
- Content library management
- Course management
- Assessment creation and management
- Certification management, particularly for highly regulated industries
- Video learning
- Performance reporting
- Mobile access
- Employee feedback tools
- Employee performance timelines
- Collaboration tools
- Employee engagement data
- E-commerce integration or online storefront
Advanced Corporate LMS Features & Capabilities:
- Social media integration
- Blended learning support
- Live webinar learning
- Gamification tools
- Interactive videos
- Virtual reality (VR) learning headsets
- Course preview capabilities
- Widget integrations
Now that you know what corporate LMS is all about and the features you should look forward to, let’s look at the key points of comparison you can use while studying options available in the market.
To compare the best LMS software, consider evaluating the following aspects:
- Mobile accessibility: Enterprise training has become increasingly mobile, resulting in a significant need in focussing on easy accessibility on mobile and web applications. Most well-developed learning management systems will have a user-friendly mobile application and a robust cloud-based LMS platform that is inclusive, accessible and future-proofed. User experiences in both channels can vary and should be considered thoroughly. Keep a lookout for reviews for the platform’s mobile experiences.
- Standalone software vs HR suite: Consider your operational requirement while choosing an enterprise LMS. Do you want your corporate LMS to support all your HR functions on one platform, or do you require only the LMS features and capabilities? Many organisations prefer unified platforms, but standalone software can offer more depth in terms of content, customisation options and reliable support.
- Compliance Support: The right corporate learning management system can play a critical role in securing your organisation’s regulatory compliance. This feature is not universal, and therefore, the support offered will vary from organisation to organisation and platform to platform. Standard features you can look into include automatic notifications, pre-built compliance-specific reporting and other specific considerations you may have for managing and maintaining organisational compliance.
- External Training: Some LMS software platforms provide tailored training to your organisation’s extended partners and customers. These platforms are called extended enterprise LMS. Vendors may vary according to the prebuilt content for various personas and the presence of support features, including billing.
- Pricing Information: There are two pricing models followed by learning management software. They include monthly or annual subscriptions or a one-time fee. Many LMS vendors offer free trials of their products. Choose a pricing model that works best for your organisation.
Blended learning opportunities have proven to help organisations train and develop their employee assets over the years. Choose your Corporate LMS partner wisely and see effective results for yourself.
One of the best LMS software for corporate training available in the market is Mykademy! It offers you a chance to experience innovation at honest prices.
Check out their features and start your free trial today!