Are you trying to reduce your hospital’s high turnover rates and improve patient satisfaction? If your answer is “yes”, you should probably choose a specially curated LMS for the healthcare industry. The healthcare industry moves at a rapid pace these days. The emergence of new health management practices and the ever-changing industrial regulations calls for healthcare practitioners to upskill their knowledge and provide the best possible care. Failing to do so puts you at risk of compliance violations and prevents you from giving quality care to your patients. Therefore, you must invest in something that promotes on-the-go learning and helps your employees stay updated. This implementation will keep your business practices efficient and compliant and prepare your employees for future goals.
Build a highly productive workplace and offer the finest healthcare products & services to society with Mykademy's healthcare LMS.
LMS for healthcare business
The growth of online learning and the development of robust and user-friendly learning management systems have expanded the horizons for digital training in healthcare organisations. Now you have innovative tools and methods to train your employees and monetise your healthcare business. You can easily build a deeply committed community of active learners who can learn at their own pace, no matter where they are, thanks to online training platforms.
Sounds fascinating, right? But what should be your first move?
Come, let’s learn what a healthcare LMS is.
What is an LMS for healthcare industry?
A healthcare LMS is software that enables healthcare organisations to create and deliver online training courses seamlessly, thereby facilitating continuing medical education. These courses are typically designed to educate medical professionals who must keep up with changing guidelines, policies, procedures, and advancing technologies. A healthcare LMS software is no different from a standard LMS. What drives LMS vendors to market their products in the healthcare category is that their learning management systems include tools and features that help them become unique and advantageous and make healthcare training smooth and efficient.
Benefits of using an LMS in the healthcare industry
Choosing an all-inclusive LMS will benefit businesses by increasing profits and customer satisfaction. We’ll look at the most important reasons you should choose the best healthcare LMS and integrate it into your employee training process and company workflow.
- Easy implementation – Select a robust LMS for healthcare industry so that you can easily deploy and start using it without any delay. Such systems are created under essential learning standards (like API, SCORM, and others).
- Delivering multiple types of courses – You can provide different courses and training through a single training platform, thereby saving time and effort. In return, your staff receive product/service knowledge and improved skillset.
- White labelling – Nobody says ‘Nay’ to customisation as it helps promote brand value. A white-label LMS with customisation features helps create personalised training and boosts your healthcare institution. Customisation includes adding your organisation’s logo, images, and icons, as well as changing the theme to match your brand. This rebranding also contributes to the increased value of your service.
- Advanced tracking and monitoring – Training is of no use if your employees fail to complete it. Enterprise healthcare learning management system with advanced user tracking capabilities lets you track and monitor your employees’ learning, development and performance graphs.
- Personalised learning – Each employee is unique and different. With learning solutions for healthcare companies, you can assign courses and learning materials to each user based on their knowledge, performance and skill gap.
- Upload pre-made content – This is indeed a time and effort saving hack. With a learning management system for healthcare, you are free to use pre-made or previously recorded content which means your team can make use of the information that is already available.
How to choose the best healthcare LMS?
Suppose your goal is to improve your financial performance and patient experience simultaneously. In that case, you must select an LMS for healthcare that helps you balance the need to handle employment costs while meeting your data reporting requirements and fulfilling other compliance tasks. But how do you choose from hundreds of options on the market? Let us make it easy.
First and foremost, you should determine what your training requirements are. Do not invest in an LMS without prior preparations. It would be best to be sure about certain things such as – what should you deliver, what skills should be introduced during the training session, or which market trends should be addressed. You must research the emerging healthcare market and identify the complexities in your organisation. You must also be aware of current and future topics such as the significance of personal introspection, continuing professional development, managing compliance requirements, caregiver credentialing, and the need for qualification portability.
Here are the top 10 factors to look for while selecting a healthcare LMS :
- Intuitive user interface – To improve the efficiency of training programmes, choose an LMS for hospitals that is simple to use for end-users. Go for something that has a simple user interface so that your users will feel comfortable while navigating through it. Give attention to the visual appeal as well as how your users will interact with it. If the users can interact effectively, they will have easier access to the learning content and be more willing to complete the training. If not, the LMS may create obstacles in the training process, resulting in poor training outcomes.
- Content dripping – The process of releasing course content in specific intervals or on specific dates is known as content dripping. It is an effective method to stop learners from rushing through the course without fully grasping the material. It is vital for building controls and restrictions on how you want your learners to access the training content – whether they navigate freely, sequentially, or according to any specific rule you establish. Make sure that the LMS software of your choice has content dripping capability.
- Advanced platform – Make sure that the LMS you select is up to date in terms of required skills, expertise, and performance. However, gently note that even if an LMS is updated with the most recent technologies, it may not be the best fit for you. It is necessary to look for a custom learning management system that can be easily tailored to your specific requirements.
- Multimedia content support – Training for healthcare employees should not be tedious. Creating interactive learning content is extremely important to grab and maintain the learners’ attention. Try to include multimedia content, such as audio, visuals, pdfs, e-books etc. Learners are taken out of a passive learning mode when they are exposed to interactive learning content. It encourages them to take active participation during the lessons, asks questions, and urges them to speak up. It allows students to analyse what they’re learning.
- Social learning – Social learning elements are essential for digital training. Help create a social learning ecosystem via the learning management system. It will let the learners and trainers connect and communicate with each other to discuss lecture-wise doubts, exchange ideas and tips, share experiences, get feedback and offer advice.
- Powerful reporting tools – To track the learner’s progress and assess the overall effectiveness of the course, you’ll need the best healthcare LMS with advanced reporting capabilities. Your learning management system should provide you with information on metrics such as course completion rates, average scores, and more. Reporting is critical for compliance training. In the healthcare industry, compliance management is a major concern. Healthcare professionals must be thoroughly familiar with safety procedures, such as medical waste disposal. Otherwise, they risk endangering their own health as well as the environment. With advanced reporting features, you can easily keep track of the safety or compliance training. This way, you can ensure that everyone has met the learning objectives and is following procedures correctly.
- Certification – The idea behind your training is to make your users well-equipped with skills and knowledge. A certificate provides an additional incentive to complete the training because it validates and rewards their learning effort. Moreover, certificates are pretty common in online courses. So pick an LMS software that provides digital certificates.
- Scalability – When selecting a learning management software, it is critical to consider scalability. Because healthcare organisations can be quite large, the LMS for healthcare industry must be scalable regardless of how many learners enrol in the training programme. Scaling should not jeopardise training efficiency and should be capable of sustaining proper integration with the organisations and systems that use it.
- High security – Whether you’re implementing internal training programmes, extended enterprise training, or online medical courses, you must ensure that learner data, company patents and know-how, and patient data are secure. Advanced security features are required in healthcare learning management systems to ensure that sensitive information does not leak or is destroyed. Inquire and confirm with your LMS provider about the tools and features they have to protect your data and your online training from cyber attacks. Mainly focus on features such as encryption, regular backups, Single Sign-On (SSO) etc.
- Mobile learning – Mobile learning is an important feature that your LMS should have. Choosing a mobile-friendly LMS will provide a flexible learning experience to the users. They will be able to access training material from anywhere and anytime, thanks to mobile functionality. In today’s fast-paced world, you need to be sure that your employees benefit from on-the-go training.
Every healthcare organisation is unique, with distinct employee training and development requirements. The process of selecting an LMS software should begin only after a thorough examination of your training requirements and the features discussed above. The more autonomy your LMS gives users to upskill their knowledge and skill sets while meeting your specific organisational needs, the more power your company will have to accomplish future goals. Hence, make a wise decision!!
Still confused about how to start? Check out Mykademy’s healthcare LMS with all the essential features discussed above and a lot more, including real-time learning, quick & easy updations, monetisation etc. The platform easily adapts to all your medical and compliance training needs. To begin with, visit our website or try a 14-day free trial.