With more and more people interested in yoga, becoming an online yoga teacher has become a viable career option. If you love yoga and have experience teaching it to others, this might be the right time to make a career out of it. You don’t need to work at a studio or gym as an employee or as an online yoga teacher. You can create your online profile on Mykademy and start teaching from home. This blog covers all that you need to know about how to start teaching online yoga.
Mykademy - the best platform to launch your online Yoga academy
What Exactly Is Online Yoga Teaching?
You’re not limited to students in your neighbourhood when you teach yoga online via online training platforms. You can connect with students anywhere in the world, as long as they have an internet connection. Some online yoga teachers specialize in a specific area, and others teach various topics. As an online yoga teacher, you can offer services to students in the following ways:
- Teaching yoga videos : Grow your online yoga business by uploading videos with step-by-step instructions on how to perform a yoga pose or sequence. You can use the webcam on your laptop or desktop to record yourself. Easily upload the training videos or any other supporting learning aids (in any multi-media format) on Mykademy to make your sessions more engaging and informative.
- Providing Online Yoga Classes : Some online yoga platforms allow you to create your classes and charge a fee for each student who wants to join. You can also become part of a network of yoga teachers and offer your services to multiple platforms.The LIVE session feature on Mykademy helps to deliver classes without any interruption.
- Creating an online yoga business : You can use tools like Mykademy to create a yoga course, including videos with step-by-step instructions and audio files with voice-over. Once you finalize the course, you can upload it on online yoga platforms and let students know how they can access it.
Things to know before starting an online yoga business.
To be successful as a yoga teacher online, you need to be passionate about yoga, be a good communicator, love to share knowledge with others, and have the patience to deal with different people. Mykademy is one of the best online training platform to assist you. As an online yoga teacher, you need to be well-versed in various yoga styles because each student will have a diverse background and knowledge of yoga. You need to be a good listener and help each student with their concerns, even if they have nothing to do with yoga.
- You need to keep up with the latest trends in yoga and know how to adapt your teaching style accordingly.
- You must be knowledgeable about anatomy and physiology to guide your students in performing poses correctly.
- You need to be able to help your students understand how yoga can improve their health and quality of life while you increase the online course selling.
- You need to be an excellent communicator to help your students feel comfortable about their practice and be patient in answering questions.
- You need to be creative and develop new ideas to engage your students and succeed in your yoga business online.
Establish Your Reputation
As an online yoga teacher, you need to build a strong reputation from the beginning. You can do this by following a few simple steps:
- Create a robust online presence by choosing a Live Virtual Classroom. Include your credentials, experience, teaching style, and interests. You can also create a blog so that people can get to know you better.
- Share your content with your potential students and engage with them by asking questions, responding to comments and reviews, and replying to emails. Mykademy enables to host unlimited exams, mock tests and assignments.
- Be consistent with your content in the online yoga training platform so people can follow you regularly and know when to expect a new video or blog post. Use Mykademy’s inbuilt marketing features to market your courses better.
- Be patient and remember that you won’t become an online yoga teacher overnight. It will take some time to build your reputation.
How to Earn Money as an Online Yoga Teacher?
The more you practice yoga and teach online, the more you’ll figure out what works and doesn’t. You can increase your earnings as an online yoga teacher in the following ways: –
- Charge per class: You can charge per class or let your students pay for a subscription to access all your content. Make sure you set the right price for your classes as per the industry standards.
- Charge per item: If you sell yoga equipment, e-books, or nutritional supplements, you can charge per item or offer a combo deal.
- Get sponsors: You can get sponsors for your online yoga classes or YouTube channel.
- Sell merchandise: If your students love your brand and what you do, they might want to buy merchandise. You can sell yoga apparel and accessories online.
Easily generate invoices and collect all the revenue (fees from students) that you make by selling your courses online, through inbuilt payment gateways and receive them directly to your bank account with Mykademy’s payment modes. Create a stable and strong revenue stream by selling online courses via Mykademy.
As an online yoga teacher, you don’t need to be physically in front of your students to teach them yoga. You can use online tools like video calls and online training platform like Mykademy create your content. On this auspicious day Mykademy brings out new offers to make things easy for you. You can create an online course and share it with people so they can learn yoga at their own pace. As an online yoga teacher, it’s important to remember that you’re in charge of your destiny. You can create your hours, decide what you’re going to teach, and have total control over your income. If you love yoga and have experience teaching it to others, this might be the right time to make a career out of it.