An LMS is a software application that supports delivering training virtually. It helps in hosting, organising and assigning courses. The LMS training platform is much more than a repository for storing eLearning courses and learning resources. An ideal corporate training platform would have robust features for scheduling, tracking, and providing complete learner support.
We know that an online LMS platform not only manages learning but can track training, support eLearning, microlearning and mobile learning as well. Learning management systems for businesses can even significantly upgrade an online training programme’s overall efficiency.
Create effective and efficient online training for your employees with- Mykademy
Get started today!
Here are 7 ways an LMS training platform supports and improves the impactfulness of your online training:
- Scheduling: Online training sessions are usually conducted using web conferencing tools such as Zoom, G-meet and others, and most LMS for business come with the option of integrating with these tools. This helps simplify the process of setting up recurring online sessions. When you schedule a training session, your LMS automatically takes care of all reminders and notifications. Most LMS software has the feature to send notifications and reminders about upcoming assessments and deadlines. LMS allows you to focus on the actual training by taking over all this administrative work of managing training.
- Pre-assessments: Pre-assessments help determine the learner’s strengths and weaknesses by assessing their knowledge of the current training topic. They help understand learners’ needs and requirements, thus making the training process more effective. An LMS can help you build pre-assessment questions right within the module. The LMS will collect the learners’ responses and provide a detailed report on them. This can help alter or revamp the programme as per the learner’s need, which will help build an effective and efficient corporate training platform.
- Content Library : You can build a company-wide content library to store helpful docs, manuals, courses, books, presentations and everything and anything that your employees might find beneficial for their work that can be accessed any time. Employees can feel more engaged and complete the training quicker when they have an opportunity to learn what they want to.
The resources are stored in a secure location and can be accessed only by the admins and users who have access to the specific training course.
- Exercises/ Simulations/ Assessments: You can make the training programme more immersive with hands-on exercises and simulations. You can provide quizzes and assessments within the LMS software to evaluate learning progress. You can also gamify the learning process with gamification elements such as leaderboards, scorecards, level-ups and more to engage your learners and enhance the training outcomes.
Assessments being an essential part of training, it is important to host them on a platform that allows learners to complete the assessments and track the time spent, the number of attempts made, check the responses, etc. The right LMS software will support all these features, which will enhance the overall training.
- Progress tracking: The tracking capabilities of a corporate training LMS allow training managers to analyse the progress of individual learners and evaluate the assessment reports. LMS can provide statistics, charts, and visuals showing how much your learners have progressed through individual courses. So you will have a better insight into a learner’s progress, whether the learner is fast, slow, or stuck. This can help you modify your training programme and improve it. The LMS can even provide the exact figure of learners who attempted the assessment, the average success rate, the scores and the time spent on a specific question during the evaluation. This would help you determine which learners lag or require additional support.
- Feedback : One of the best ways to track the effectiveness of your online training is by asking your learners for feedback. An LMS can do that for you and gather feedback and review from learners, which will help improve your training.
The right LMS ensures that all your departments and affiliates are well aligned and have a similar learning experience in different locations and time zones.
Mykademy is a robust learning management system that provides the best LMS software for corporate training. Build your own LMS system to train your employees on the best extended enterprise LMS platform known for its ease of use!
Let’s work on creating effective and efficient corporate training together. Start your 14-day free trial today!