In today’s cutthroat workplace, companies must intentionally plan their employee onboarding procedures and create distinct techniques to speed up the success of new hires. An organization’s onboarding procedure may be streamlined, and different learning resources can be integrated. Training programmes can be standardized using an employee onboarding platform, a centralized platform—developing courses and self-paced modules that complement your company’s training strategy is made easier with an LMS. You can spend more time figuring out how to boost performance if you use an LMS to help you reduce the number of fragmented HR papers in your databases.
Ensure successful training delivery with the best LMS system
Try Mykademy today !
In this article, we’ll look at six implementation suggestions for an LMS for employee training, the advantages of an LMS for employee onboarding and how it can speed up the process for higher employee retention rates.
1. Make sure you’re all set up before onboarding starts
It would be best to take care of a few things before onboarding a new employee correctly. The most important thing is to set up your LMS. Enabling the employee to immediately access crucial data once they begin working for your organisation should be the first priority while you set up the platform. When working on projects together in other departments of larger organisations, employees who have previously worked with different systems find it easier with using the best training software in place before onboarding begins because it is more effective than using an outdated program. Even if this person does not directly work within HR or training functions, it can still be beneficial if training materials have already been created by someone within your company. This is especially true considering how uneasy many individuals feel when given tasks like this that require them to learn something for themselves through self-study!
2. Set rules and expectations to help employees get onboard
Setting clear expectations is one of the most crucial things you can do to encourage your staff to use an employee training LMS. This indicates that you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish and are aware of the necessary steps to enable them to do so. The more specific and measurable your goals are, the better you’ll be able to help new hires understand their roles and worth in your organisation. The fact that supervisors and peers will understand precisely how their parts fit into the bigger picture, and how much pressure has been put on them as team leaders or members, makes it easier for everyone to work as a team.
3. Train for alignment with company culture
- Alignment with corporate culture: If your employees don’t understand your values, you can’t expect them to share them. Prepare them to adherence to the corporate culture.
- Employee education: It goes both ways here. You must ensure that the tools you give your staff are compatible with how they wish to complete their work and provide them with training on how specific activities should be completed.
- Company culture: When hiring new people or firing problematic ones, it’s critical for an employer’s culture to align with its recruitment strategy.
4. Know the process and procedure
- What is a process?
A process is a set of actions you perform to accomplish a task. For instance, if your objective is to get your employees ready for their first day of work, then you would have different procedures for each step in this process: hiring an employee and integrating them into the workplace culture; instructing them on how to perform their duties, and assisting new hires in discovering their roles within the company. A good employee onboarding software makes this a breeze.
- What is a procedure?
A procedure is merely another process; it’s any action you (or someone else) take to accomplish something else. Procedures give us precise directions on how to do our jobs without having too much uncertainty about what we should do next, which helps us perform activities more effectively. Online employee training platforms make procedures hassle free.
5. Use Effective Tools for Onboarding and Training New Staff
- The next step is to use a platform that is easy to use, mobile friendly and has a video component. A good online employee training software will allow you to create training courses in minutes by simply adding your content or importing it from an existing learning management system (LMS). The best ones also have an analytics feature so you can track results based on the number of learners who completed each module and how long it took them just like Mykademy’s employee training LMS platforms.
- Upload videos for those who prefer visual learning rather than written text explanations. These videos should be long enough to engage students who need more than 30 seconds before moving on to another topic entirely, but not so long that they feel like an interruption from the primary flow of your training course.
Mykademy’s employee training software for small & large business is the best employee training software that has the best features and affordability. Mykademy guarantees hassle-free training for your business and its staff so that they can each have a balanced training and learning experience. Utilize the Employee Onboarding LMS platform from Mykademy to host your employee training and development programme with ease.
6. Your online employee training is your first impression of new hires. Ensure you have an employee training software with mobile capability, video, and an easy-to-use interface
Make sure your employee training platform has all the resources required for onboarding and training if you’re utilising it to help workers learn the skills they need to do their jobs well. Likewise, you can ensure that your procedure is effective when an employee who has transferred from another firm requires assistance settling into a new role or adjusting to a new work environment.
Think about the equipment each user will employ during the workday: Is any video or audio available? Text-based guidelines? Assure that everyone who needs them can easily access the various media. This will help clear any misunderstandings about how particular tasks should be carried out and save time later on when someone has a challenge while performing their duties!
We believe this article has given you some ideas for how to train new employees and has been helpful in organising your onboarding process. The best way to ensure success is by ensuring access to all the tools your employees need to get started. The ideal training platform streamlines onboarding instruction and assists newly hired staff in quickly adjusting to the process.
It is always a good idea to invest in an all-in-one LMS platform like Mykademy. Our corporate employee training solution promotes results, prevents fatigue, and assists in delivering engaging online employee onboarding training.
Every company can benefit from using an LMS to track their progress during the onboarding process. With these six tips, you’ll be well on your way toward helping make your onboarding process more effective!